Call for Somalia Jumpers

I got this email request today, so I thought I would pass it on to anyone who is interested.

Hey Jumper!

My name is Ron Smith and this is a favor I’m asking for.
I’m looking for any jumpers who served in somalia with me. Many of us suffered serious side effects from the drug Mefloquine (Larium). Everyone I knew that was on this drug complained about this drug during the war in Somalia. Anyhow, I’m now the plaintiff for the Canadian Airborne Regiment Class Action Law suit against the government. I’d like to use your website as a means of communications for any brother who is suffering or has suffered from this drug.My phone number is 1 (705) 724-5264 and my email is: ron.airborn@sympatico.ca. Now is the time to act. If anyone wants some resolution to the fact that the government was negligent in giving us an illegal drug at the time. This is the only way we can get any dignity and respect back. Also, it slaps them in the face! Thanks!

Airborne!

6 Responses to “Call for Somalia Jumpers”

1. on 25 Feb 2003 at 7:22 pmG Paul Karcha

I served in the Airborne in the eighties and never was in Somalia but those that were deserve our support and help. So, if you were or are a jumper let Ron Smith know that we support him and are here to help in any way we can. Ex Coelis.

G Paul Karcha

2. on 22 Jul 2003 at 8:03 amkelley

Hi Ron saw you on Fifth estate the other night’ it was like looking at my self.I was Cpl J.F.K Mcleod a medic attach posted to the car in svc cdo but i spent most of my time with 3 cdo, and much to dismay a couple weeks with 1 cdo.I don’t need to tell you what I’m going through you already know. I’m on a dva pension now at 85%. I had the great misfortune of taking meflquine a second time when i went to Rwanda, so I’m pretty fucked up. glad to see you take up the fight if i can be any help or if you just want to chat give me a call (613)392-8052 or just email

3. on 22 Jul 2003 at 9:03 amJessie Beverley

Dear Ron my Son is Kelley written above We mothers know when our sons go into the military that they might die in action.This we have to accept.But do we have to expect them to be put on drugs they know nothing about or the after math when they get home and there heads are so scewed up they cant cope nor can the familys cope with them.Is it not enough they put there lives on the line for our country, Now the military is useing experimental drugs on them. I was proud of my son going into the military, and he was a great kid.Now his life is in a shambles he can not deal with everyday problems.He cannot deal with our familys.Is this what the military sends us back to deal with, a happy go lucky great son turned into a wreck who has been dealing with problems so severe that I cannot mention on the computer.
    Something must be done so the goverment wont be so free as to subject our son’s and husband,s to unknown drug’s.Like viet nam solders dealing with agent orange .If I can help please e-mail me

4. on 22 Jul 2003 at 8:37 pmJeanette

Hi there
    My name is Jeanette and I am the spouse of the above Kelley.
    I live through the nightmares with him and I cannot give him the support he needs. We thought councelling may help only to realize that it is not going to help because the goverment has been giving him drugs that nobody knows anything about.
    What is the goverment going to do about this and how are they going to help us. Our men put there lives on the line for Canada and now to find out the goverment used them as ginny pigs. Is this how Canada rewards our soldiers? and now we are left to pick up the pieces. How do we explain this to our children? How to we keep our lives together as a family when there fathers and our husbands are out of control because of this drug. If there are any wives out there that are dealing with the same situation as myself or live in fear each day about our spouses please feel free to contact me by e mail or by phone# 613 392 8052

5. on 04 Sep 2003 at 8:45 pmcolin

is rally sad that thw airborn regiment got disbandet i was wandring y it got disbandet e mail to me at hawke@nbnet.nb.ca thak you

6. on 25 Apr 2004 at 5:40 pmAlex Murphy

“EX COELIS” WERE WITH YOU ALL, THE OLD, THE PRESENT, AND THE FUTURE. A JUMPERS A JUMPER. I HAD 15 JUMPS UNDER MY BELT BEFORE THEY TOOK AWAY THE ROYAL CANADIAN BLACK WATCH. GO GUYS GO HOPE ALL THE BEST FOR YOU.