3 Commando Reunion

The Op Orders for the 3 Cdo BBQ are finally in,

28/06/03 0800-1000 Para refresher, Bldg S-118, Gen Foulkes Barracks (3RCR)
1100-1200 Memorial Service and CO�s address, DZ Shack, DZ Anzio
1200-1500 Para activities, weather and A/C permitting
1500- 1800 Meet and Greet, meal provided by 3 RCR cooks.

3 Mechanized Commando was officially created on 28 June 1970. This is a reunion of all former members of 3 Commando from 1970 to 1995. It is to celebrate our unit on the 35th Anniversary of The Canadian Airborne Regiment, The 32nd Anniversary of 3 Commando, and The 10th Anniversary of deployment on Op Deliverance.

The cost is $10 per member (which includes your family) to cover the cost of the meal, depending on numbers. Any money left over will be donated to The Airborne Museum. You can pay on the 28th.

Click on Continue Reading for the rest of the info…

The Airborne Museum will be open through out the day.

All members are requested to bring a good war story photo of some sort that you took during your time in the Cdo. All the photos will be put on a table or display board during the meet and greet, and returned after.

Dress for the memorial service is combats for serving soldiers. Members are encouraged to say a few words during the service, about any member of the Cdo or Regt who has passed away, if they wish to.

Only currently serving members of the CF can jump.

Where to stay

T.C. Elliott home 613-687-7125
Base 613-687-5511 loc 6450
elliott.tcg@forces.gc.ca
Dan Langille home 613-687-1371
Base 613-687-5511 loc 5477
langille.dft@forces.gc.ca

11 Responses to “3 Commando Reunion”

1. on 17 Apr 2003 at 12:51 pmAnonymous

Sounds great!

I will make every effort to attend this reunion
    in June.

Regards,

Donald K Munroe (aka DOG)

2. on 17 Apr 2003 at 3:38 pmParawanna

Just a question, I see that you are doing a the para refresher course, are you doing a jump?

3. on 18 Apr 2003 at 3:25 pmMikeM

A para refresher is a jump.

4. on 21 Apr 2003 at 1:54 pmRob

Actually, a para refresher is not technically a jump, it is the training that you do before a jump. If you haven’t jumped recently enough, you must do a quick ground training session first which includes aircraft drills, landing and hanging in the racks. A refresher is usually followed by a jump of course (else why do the refresher 😉

For the BBQ, there will be a refresher in the morning, and then anyone who is still in can jump later in the day.

5. on 26 Apr 2003 at 2:26 pmWayne Marr

With your indulgence I would like to post this message to all the airborne family. CWO (Ret’d) Don Bungay of Calgary passed away Friday night from cancer. His wife Shirley is in the process of organizing his funeral and details will be known late Sunday. Anyone wishing to attend his funeral can contact me (780) 986-2850 Sunday evening and I can provide the date/time/location.

Don was a Junior NCO in the AB REGT in Edmonton 68-71, then he served with 3 Mech CDO 71-74 then back to Edmonton for three years and subsequently remustered to Dental and retired in 1996 as a CWO.

Wayne Marr LCol (Ret’d)
    Leduc, Ab.

6. on 28 Apr 2003 at 6:01 pmScott W.

No Cdo reunion would be complete without beers (many) at the Kyrenia.Please confirm it will be open.

7. on 02 May 2003 at 5:36 pmStan Grady

Hi all, for those who don’t know me I served in 3 MECH from ’75 till ’81(3 RCR ) and 3 CDO ’81 ’85. To those who do know me “Shady” is alive and well in HFX. Some of my best memories of my army days were with those two unit’s. When I retired it took about 2 years to get a ” bite of reality”. That’s a story all in it’s own. I am looking forward to getting together at some time. Anyways I have a card game happinin at the house, if anyone want’s to contact me for a sit rep feel free to . I just heard that the Airborne was going back on the ORBAT.

AIRBORNE/PRO PATRIA
    SHADY GRADY

8. on 14 May 2003 at 1:15 pmDAVID (MOUSE) HAWTHORN

I WAS ATTACHED TO 3 MECH 75-79,ORIGINALLY 1PPCLI, NOW RETIRED ON THAT BIG ISLAND, NORTH SHORE LAKE ONTARIO ‘THE COUNTY’.GLORIA AND I WILL BE THERE AND HOPE TO SEE MORE….MOUSE.

9. on 11 Jun 2003 at 10:37 pmDonald K Munroe (aka DOG)

My WestJet plane ticket has been bought.
    Just 16 days to go B4 the big event at CFB Petawawa.

10. on 20 Jun 2003 at 9:27 pmkevin

I heard that the CA is pressuring the Lib. gov’t to bring back the airborne regiment. I think that’s great, there’ll be a job for me then. Thats if I get into rmc.

Pegasus