Airborne Cadets in Surrey BC

The newly formed Airborne Cadets in Surrey BC will be holding a Canteen at the Lagoon Cafe’s upstairs Airborne Lounge at 13025 84th Ave Surrey BC 7pm-11pm on July 3rd. They are hoping to bring together Airborne members in British Columbia who will serve as supporters, instructors, and friends of the Airborne Cadets, so drop by if you are interested.

7 Responses to “Airborne Cadets in Surrey BC”

1. on 18 Jun 2003 at 5:29 pmMike

I’m currently in cadets now and I think that it would be amaizing to be in an Airborne Cadet Corps. Do airborne cadets get tower wings or rigger wings?

2. on 18 Jun 2003 at 10:41 pmMikeM

Back when the CAR was still in full force, the cadets attached got tower wings, rigger wings aren’t a cadet issue wing.. you actually have to be a qualified rigger.

Cadets are authorized to still wear tower wings if they qualify for them (only people on expedition do the tower at camp).

3. on 21 Jun 2003 at 6:15 pmJumpDog

so is the corps wearing the ABR cap brass? if so that is so grate……..but cadets aren’t suppose to be wearing the tower wings any more but that might change again …..but they wear them ON there breast pocket not above ………. and they have to do all the quall jumps too

4. on 22 Jun 2003 at 1:13 pmAnonymous

They won’t wear the ABN cap badge… they will wear the affiliated unit cap badge (whatever unit that is, i dont know). Most likely a maroon beret too.

5. on 22 Jun 2003 at 5:56 pmStephan Vachon (C/MWO)

I am currently a member of the 2551 Airborne Cadet Corps in edmonton. We are affiliated with alpha coy, 3rd battalion PPCLI and we wear the maroon beret and the patricias cap brass. I am extremely proud that there is another Airborne corps starting up. Even though we are only kids we have learnt the importance of the maroon beret and even my 12 yr old troops are proud to be affiliated with paratroopers.

In my eyes, bring back the airborne and its capabilities and you will end up with more motivated adults as well as kids.
    Good luck in surrey!

VP! AIRBORNE!

6. on 30 Nov 2003 at 10:30 pmMatt Paslawski

Can someone explain to me the significance of the Cadet “tower” wings? I saw them in a kitshop in Quebec and I had never seen or heard of them before. Who wears them, what are the qualifications required to wear them and are they a new addition?

7. on 25 Mar 2004 at 3:33 pmMarc-André Perreault

Bonjour j’aimerais avoir des informations en français si possible sur le (TOWER cadet),j’en est attendu parler. Je vous serait reconnaisant si vous pourriez m’envoyer des information Merci