LCol Fraser Eadie

It is a sad day for the Regiment and the Airborne Brotherhood. LCol Fraser Eadie, CO of 1 Can Para and Colonel of the Canadian Airborne Regiment, passed away on Sunday. All of us knew him and had the greatest respect for him. The world is a lesser place without him and he will be missed.

The funeral will be held at St Jude’s Church in Oakville, ON on Fri 15th Aug at 1430 hrs. Anyone wishing to attend, please contact Ian Douglas, President of CAFA at idouglas@sympatico.ca since the capacity of the church could be a problem. As more information becomes available, I will post it here.

6 Responses to “LCol Fraser Eadie”

1. on 12 Aug 2003 at 8:38 pmDerek Richardson

My sincerest condolences to his family. AIRBORNE

2. on 12 Aug 2003 at 11:22 pmRuss Gregoire

My deepest sympathy goes out to the family of a real paratrooper and a true AIRBORNE soldier. God bless you all. Just a note, on a parade in Pet in 92 when he was the Honorary reviewing officer for one of our Regimental parades, he refused to inspect the band that was on parade with us, as the other officers at the time were going to do, because; as he stated to them” I only inspect fighting soldiers”. He then turned and headed back to the podium. We will never see real fighting officers like that ever again. We were all lucky just to be in his presence a time or two. AIRBORNE!

3. on 13 Aug 2003 at 11:52 amA stranger

My deepest condolances.

4. on 13 Aug 2003 at 4:40 pmG Paul

I would like to offer my condolences to Col Eadie’s family.

5. on 14 Aug 2003 at 1:04 ammike doucett

i remember him adressing us at the 25th anniversary in 93 in petawawa.col.eadie pulled no punches in describing the politicians and media.and we loved him for it.canada has lost a great citizen and soldier.my deepest condolences to his family.to col. eadie fair winds and soft landings.AIRBORNE

6. on 26 Aug 2004 at 3:06 pmS Fowler

A Fine Soldier, a good commander, and a AIRBORNE to the core.
    May your canopy stay open and may God guide you home.
    Deepest Of Sympathy