RSM Kenneth Leslie Soucie

It is with great sadness that we have learned that Ken passed away on May 25, 2010 at the age of 55.  Ken proudly served in the PPCLI and as a member of the Canadian Airborne Regiment.  He was a qualified Pathfinder.  He served two tours on Peacekeeping missions in both Yugoslavia and Cyprus. He also served three years as  Regimental Sergeant Major in the Essex Kent Scottish. He was a toolmaker by trade and was recognized as the best gunsmith in Ontario. Sports was his passion, along with a ride on his Harley accompanied by his many brothers. He touched many with his kindness and generosity and will be greatly missed by all his friends and neighbours.

Visitation will take place at the Victoria Greenlawn Memorial Chapel and Visitation Centre, 1525 Hwy 3, (1km west of Walker Road) 519-969-3939 on Saturday, May 29, 2010 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. and 5:30 until time of funeral service at 7:30 p.m. Cremation to follow. Online condolences may be left at www.greenlawncemetery.ca

9 Responses to “RSM Kenneth Leslie Soucie”

1. on 27 May 2010 at 11:09 pmRoy Comeau

A shock to say the least.Light winds and soft landings Ken.RIP

2. on 29 May 2010 at 3:55 amCraig Reid

RIP brother. Light winds and soft landings.

3. on 29 May 2010 at 7:57 amRon (Hammy) Hamilton

Honor to his family and we will remember Ken RIP Airborne….Airborne Creed…..That spirit will be found in full measure in the men who wears the maroon beret.

4. on 30 May 2010 at 10:04 amBrian Bludd

My thoughts and prayers go out to Ken’s family.

5. on 31 May 2010 at 7:31 amReg

I knew Ken from the days in Edmonton, He carried himself as a very proud and professional soldier, always fit and always ready. my thoughts to Ken’s family.

6. on 15 Oct 2010 at 8:12 pmDonnie

He was a great section commander and a friend ill miss ya Ken

7. on 01 Feb 2011 at 2:21 pmPat Wiltse

“Ethier your with us or your against us”
    1987 walking out of the Gladiators Lounge in Pet….right before all hell broke loose!
    Best pl wo I ever had. Feet and knees togather…

8. on 22 Mar 2011 at 10:46 amMonkey

Soon Brother it will be one year since you have united with the Airborne Brothers before us, I bet nothing has changed with Hodgson and Mack. R.I.P. Ken

9. on 18 May 2012 at 1:15 pmwayne cuthbert

Ken and I served together in Yellowknife, I with 440 sqn north, and he with Northern Region Headquarters. Ken was an awesome soldier and friend. He introduced me to IPSC where I got my black badge. I was trying to rekindle the friendship, when I came across this page. Today’s date is 18may2012. Although late, I offer carol and family my best wishes. Ken, when I see your face on the photo, it all comes back. God bless. Wayne.