Passing of Leo McGRATH

LEO McGRATH recently passed away at the age of 74. Leo was a proud member of the Canadian Airborne Regiment as well as a highly respected Parachute Instructor at the Canadian Airborne Centre in Edmonton. Leo was well known in the Airborne circle and no doubt trained many of us on here at Commando.org. Leo also served with the Queen’s Own rifles, and the Royal 22nd Regiment. On behalf of Commando.org we would like to express our deepest condolences to all the members of his family and friends. He will be sadly missed by all who have known and served with him. RIP Leo. Fair winds and soft landings brother.

8 Responses to “Passing of Leo McGRATH”

1. on 16 Feb 2012 at 9:04 pmblaster

Rest in Peace, Leo.

2. on 17 Feb 2012 at 1:17 pmReg

I knew Leo from the CAR & then also in CABC in Edmonton, he had soldiers spirit second to none, he trained alot paratroopers & also parachute instructors in many aspects of the parachute world, he was a roll model for all of them, & he will be remembered & missed by them all.

3. on 17 Feb 2012 at 7:48 pmGB

R.I.P. Leo.

4. on 18 Feb 2012 at 5:59 pmRex Barker

So sorry to hear of Leos’ passing. He was the instructor on my Jump Course 7401 and Jumpmaster Course. He was a true soldier, he was an excellent instuctor with an equal amount of discipline and a sense of humour.

R.I.P. Leo

5. on 12 Mar 2012 at 8:57 pmrandolph rice

I had Leo as my section instructor on my para course in 77. I remember at one point another instructor eas going to fail me on a certain procedure and Leo stepped in and said that man is in my section and if anybody is going to fail him,it’ll be me. I didn’t fail, if you we’re in Leo’s section he believed in you. A soldier’s soldier and a real leader.

6. on 01 May 2012 at 8:51 amchuck shaw

You are a true spirit character, Leo. Rest well.

7. on 08 May 2012 at 6:17 pmMonkey MacNeil

Worked with him at the Airborne School, CABC he was one hard man, excellent Paratrooper he will be missed by all, Airborne my Brother, soft winds, R.I.P. Leo.

8. on 23 Aug 2012 at 10:20 pmtony mitchell

rest in R.I.P. LEO we are going to miss you …