On the 10th of August 2012 we lost a very good friend and comrade and Canada lost another great soldier and veteran.

"Andy" Anderson lost his battle with cancer with his family by his side.

We are saddened by his loss and our prayers and condolences are offered to Andy’s family.

A good husband, father, soldier and friend, he had the best attitude to life  right to his last seconds. He was a Patricia and an Airborne soldier through and through.

All who knew him would say we were all blessed to have known him for a few minutes or for many years.

Go well friend. Save us a small spot in the RV. Rest in Peace, Andy.

My helmet, now a halo
Wings replace my chute
To fly amongst the eagles
No Soldier would dispute
No aircraft is needed
To take me to the sky
Your prayers from below
Have lifted me so high
My spirit is my engine
No need to refuel
No runway required
A rainbow`s edge will do
No need for maps or compasses
My angels are my guides
Their strength and love have gifted me
To soar the sky with pride
The heavens here are endless
My soul’s now free to roam
There is no need to cry my friends
This Airborne Trooper found his home.
– Unknown

6 Responses to “Passing of Retired Warrant Officer Andy Anderson”

1. on 15 Aug 2012 at 1:21 pmCraig Reid

Rest in peace brother. Fair winds and soft landings.

Craig Reid (WO ret.)

2. on 19 Aug 2012 at 9:47 amJohn McNamara

Fair wind…

Can anyone tell me where to send condolences?

John McNamara (SGT. ret.)

3. on 16 Sep 2012 at 6:19 amKayla Anderson

Whoever wrote this did a beautiful job. I can’t be more thankful for all of the support we have recieved from you all.

Thank you again for this and all our condolences to his all his brothers and friends. He put up a hell of a fight (per normal) and right to the end. He remained the same stubborn critter he always was and never lost his passion for life and laughs.

He will be loved and missed more than words can explain.

I thank you again for this beautiful writing for my dad. If anyone needs anything please feel free to contact me.

-Kayla Anderson

l.k.anderson@hotmail.com

4. on 23 Jan 2016 at 1:16 pmandy 4

You will be missed . Cowboy ON!!!

5. on 06 Feb 2016 at 1:17 pmMarc Desjardins

To Andy`s family, I just found out about the lost of Andy, It is very sad and knowing Andy , he probably never gave up at anytime with his battle. Andy and I were together in Gagetown at the Sniper Cell and attended the course in Quantico, West Virginia, USMC Scout & Sniper Crse. Andy was a strong man and honest with his friends. I will always remember him, he will always be on top of my best friend`s list. Je Me Souviens.

6. on 29 Dec 2016 at 8:00 amDale Verch

I only knew Andy for a short time, he was our coach on the Rifle team for a few years…..way back when. RIP.