Bud Fisher_zpscvsv2cngJust received sad news that Master Warrant Officer (Retired) Jim (Bud) Fisher, passed away. Bud experienced a medical emergency one week ago and has passed away. Not a lot of details at the moment.

The family is planning a celebration of life in the near future. Details will be announced.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Bud’s family.

Fair winds and soft landings Bud.

6 Responses to “Passing of Master Warrant Officer Bud (Jim) Fisher”

1. on 14 Aug 2016 at 2:47 pmRon Irwin

RIP Bud. It was always a pleasure to work for you in 2 Commando. My condolences to the Fisher family.

2. on 14 Aug 2016 at 2:55 pmblaster

Many of us had the privilege of having served with Bud Fisher in many places including the Canadian Airborne Regiment, the PPCLI and the Infantry School in many different capacities. I can recall no one who was more fair in the treatment of all soldiers or more loyal than Bud. Evan as a Sergeant Major, it was a pleasure to work around him and I know many lives were touched by being around him, mine included. He always had that little glint of a smile for people he knew and I always looked forward to working with him. I’ll miss him at the next Airborne reunion.

3. on 29 Nov 2016 at 6:09 pmRichard Thibault

It was a pleasure to meet and to work for you. An excellent leader. RIP

4. on 29 Dec 2016 at 7:41 amDale Verch

Bud would give me push ups just for looking like Capt Drew lol…He would crack me up on parade with all his one liners. RIP

5. on 31 Dec 2016 at 3:02 pmReg

I served with Bud in Edmonton. Petawawa. & Gagetown. He was an inspirational leader. and a friend that treated everyone fair firm and friendly . they didn’t make too many of them. RIP.

6. on 06 Feb 2017 at 6:03 pmDoug & Cheryl Hilts

Doug served with Bud in 2Cdo &Cyprus .Our sympathy extended to the Fisher family.